Saturday, October 13, 2007

If you have been following my Funny Stories, you will know by now how much I adore my Maclaren stroller! Although, you wouldn't know by the way I treat it! Just a few weeks ago I was in a hurry to take Kylie to her Dr. appt and when I backed out of the garage I heard a crunch...I jumped out to get what I thought would be Michael's scooter, as I have run over that damn thing at least 3 times! Unfortunately I found Kylie's infant car seat stuck under the back bumper and tire of my car! That is when it hit me - I had left the car seat AND MY MACLAREN in Jim's side of the garage earlier that day, and Jim's car was now in his side of the garage...meaning, he had moved my stuff, and apparently he had moved it behind my car!!! Well, the car seat I could get over, I was done using that anyway, but where the hell was my Maclaren? I searched all around Jim's car figuring he had either moved it, or *gasp* ran over it! It was no where to be found. I searched in the laundry room, no stroller. I looked in my back seat, my trunk, upstairs, outside, NO STROLLER!!! I ran in and yelled up desperately to Jim demanding he come help find my stroller. Still no luck! Finally it hit me, if the car seat was under my car, the stroller may be there as well. I bent over, holding my breath, hoping and praying I would not find my worst nightmare...and then it happened. My Maclaren was STUCK and SQUASHED under my car!!!! Not only did I run it over, I kept driving long enough to get it completely stuck under the MIDDLE of my car!!! I had to pull all the way back into the garage to free it, which meant scraping it along the garage floor all over again! Luckily it came loose and remained in one piece, but it will never be shiny and new again! On a more positive note, if you are looking for a durable stroller, Maclaren is the one!

No comments: